Web Analytics
Quakers founded the bank in Uxbridge at Old Bank House They

Quakers founded the bank in Uxbridge at Old Bank House They

<

Quakers founded the bank in Uxbridge at Old Bank House. They also began a savings bank for ordinary people to be able to save very small amounts.

Fountains Mill, Uxbridge, picture by Tom Berry

Also trending on Pinterest

National Register of Historic Places listings in Uxbridge, Massachusetts - Wikiwand

Uxbridge, Massachusetts - Jacob Aldrich House; Quaker style house

Side of the Crown and Treaty, Uxbridge, by Tom Berry

High Street Cowley, Hillingdon: The Beeches

Crown and Treaty, Uxbridge, by Tom Berry

andrew derbyshire's hillingdon civic centre - a bit dated inside but v impressive from the out

At one time the Hull family in Uxbridge held three of the mils in Uxbridge. I didn't realise that the Old Mill Club in Uxbridge, which is just before the ...

Quakers founded the bank in Uxbridge at Old Bank House. They also began a savings bank for ordinary people to be able to save very small amounts.

North Uxbridge School

The Crown And Treaty House. This is an Elizabethan Building. Notice the old bricks and tall chimneys. In 1645 there was an attempt to bring the civil war to ...

Quakers founded the bank in Uxbridge at Old Bank House. They also began a savings bank for ordinary people to be able to save very small amounts.

Inter-war pubs which were built to attract women get listed status

Quakers founded the bank in Uxbridge at Old Bank House. They also began a savings bank for ordinary people to be able to save very small amounts.

Bank Building (Uxbridge, Massachusetts)

Congregational Church and Civil War Memorial

Robert Rogerson

Quakers founded the bank in Uxbridge at Old Bank House. They also began a savings bank for ordinary people to be able to save very small amounts.

Downtown Uxbridge, looking South on Route 122, Fall scene

Uxbridge had a huge number of pubs in the 17th and 18th centuries, and was associated with milling and brewing.

Charles Capron House, 2 Capron Street. The Capron family was prominent in the Industrial era at Uxbridge Center where Capron Mill is located.

The Quakers in Uxbridge seem to have spent most of the 19th century in efforts to improve the education of the people living in and around the town.

The Meeting House built in 1755 became unsafe in 1817, and a new Meeting House was built and the burial ground enlarged at a cost of £1520-3-11.

They take their name from the old mill which stood across the road on the Wraysbury River. These well preserved and listed cottages look straight across at ...

Friends Meetinghouse (Uxbridge, Massachusetts)

Friends meeting house

Richard Sayles House

The west facade of the meeting house ...

Rivulet Mill Complex - RIvulet Mill Complex

... Lt. Simeon Wheelock House, Uxbridge common district, 1768 ...

Friends meeting house

Behind the church, on the opposite side of the river, is The Old Bakehouse.

C.R. Thomson House and Barn, today a golf course with banquet facilities, located at Chockalog Rd. in SW Uxbridge.

Jordans Friends' Meeting House

The town of Uxbridge built 13 district schoolhouses in 1797. The South Uxbridge schoolhouse today houses the south Uxbridge community association at the ...

RTLs were only 13ft 4ins tall (shorter than conventional double-deckers) which meant they could navigate lower old railway bridges.

He came to Uxbridge with a wife and sons, and a letter of recommendation from Rickmansworth Meeting. He settled in Uxbridge as a ...

Ealing Road ICICI Bank

(d) St Margaret's Church is the oldest building in Uxbridge. It was built in 1248 as a chapel of ease to St John's Hillingdon, and enlarged in c.1400.

Former factory in Dunedin

Quaker Meeting House, Uxbridge, England (from https://sites.google.com/site/churchestogetherinuxbridge/ctu-member-churches/society-of-friends)

The rear facade of the Meeting House

Rogerson's Village Historic District - Image: Rogersons Village Housing, Uxbridge, MA

... A shuttered window on the west facade The Meeting House ...

Chapin National Bank Building

Catawissa Opera House

Granite Store (Uxbridge, Massachusetts)

Continuous Windows, Park, River, Canal, Highway Location

Bank ...

E. Albee House

People from Uxbridge Meeting through the ages

W. Aldrich House

Cavendish House and Park East, part of Southdowns Park – the housing development formed from the conversion of the former St Francis' Hospital.

Aaron Taft House, Hazel St. was the birthplace of Peter Rawson Taft in 1785, Grandfather of President William Howard Taft.

Samuel Taft House hosted President George Washington on the President's Post Inaugural Tour and hosted President William Howard Taft in 1910.

Page 1

History of Uxbridge, Massachusetts - Image: John C Farnum Jr House 203

Jordans Friends' Meeting House - History, Travel, and accommodation information

History of Uxbridge, Massachusetts - Image: Uxbridge Unitarian Church 191

Education[edit]

(The ...

Uxbridge Town Hall

The Quaker Meeting House in Congénies

Bank building at the historic crossroads

Coronet John Farnum Jr. House

Rivulet Mill Complex - 1814 historic marker of RIvulet Mill Village, North Uxbridge

Taft Brothers Block - Image: Taft Brothers Block, Uxbridge MA

7 Geo Izatt Dr, Uxbridge ONTARIO

While they never did end up coming, I seem to remember it making national news.

The Jacobean House, in about 1970

170 Brock St W, Uxbridge ONTARIO

Daniel Aldrich Cottage and Sawmill - Image: Daniel Aldrich Cottage and Saw Mill, Uxbridge

1 Kester Lane, Uxbridge ONTARIO

Page 1

8229 Concession 2 Rd, Uxbridge ONTARIO

ah022

S. Aldrich House

9409 Concession 3 , Uxbridge | Rural Uxbridge

20 Quaker Village Dr, Uxbridge ONTARIO

Moses Farnum House

They always put on interesting and different stuff. I can perhaps do not better than quote from their website:

We connect, now, with the Bancroft Gardens or the Avon river Waterside. Don't miss, now (in Bancroft Gardens) the willow sculpture of Bottom (whom Titania ...

The magnificent five-gabled house owned by the Gisbornes in the 17th century.

Uxbridge, Massachusetts - Blackstone River and Canal Heritage State Park

Evergreen House

History of Uxbridge, Massachusetts - Image: Congregational Church Uxbridge MA1731 051

291 Zephyr Rd, Uxbridge ONTARIO

The Nightingale pub, formerly the Jenny Lind, named after a famous Swedish opera singer

The New Uxbridge Times - December, 2014 by The New Uxbridge Times - issuu

OLD MANOR HOUSE, NEAR ICKENHAM

Forestdale school house from the nineteenth century

Building Photo

(The ...